Maine Children’s Home for Little Wanderers
93 Silver Street
Waterville, ME 04901
Phone: 207 873-4253
Fax: 207 872-7548
The mission of the Maine Children’s Home is to build and strengthen families and their children,
instilling hope for the future and a better quality of life.
Brief Overview of Programs, Services and People Served:
- The Children’s Place provides comprehensive childcare and education for infants, toddlers and school-age children. Provides care for 55 children from infants to 5-years old from the general community. Six slots are reserved for the Teen Parent School Program students.
- The Teen Parent School Program provides the opportunity to earn a high school diploma for up to 20 young women a year. This is an alternative education setting with parenting classes, prenatal instruction, as well as a regular high school curriculum. Co-location of Waterville Public School’s Alternative Education Program in the Teen Parent School Program’s classroom building.
- The Harland A. Turner Family Counseling Center, which specializes in outpatient counseling to children and families.
- The Adoption Program, which places children domestically and internationally.
- The Christmas Program, which served 1,722 underprivileged children in 2013.
- The Summer Camp Program, which sent 120 underprivileged children to a weeklong camp experience in 2013.
If you might be interested in finding out more about the Maine Children’s Home for Little Wanderers, click this button and request group membership :