The following statements of how REM is to work have been developed between 1995 and now by REM volunteers. New guiding statements may be proposed at any time. Insistence on adherence to the REM Agreements is the responsibility of every team member and is not the responsibility of leadership.
- TO KEEP OUR EYE ON THE VISION!
- To seek and welcome diversity
- To practice honesty with respect
- To be mindful of confidential information
- To be brief and direct
- To listen thoughtfully
- To help each other participate
- To maintain focus
- To keep a sense of our history and traditions
- To challenge or confront ideas, not each other
- To make decisions by mutual agreement
- To work together in the spirit of cooperation
- To respect and support the decisions we make together
- To understand and practice the “pinch model”
- HAVE FUN! KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOR.