Healthy Northern Kennebec
Vision: Ensure that Northern Kennebec communities are the “healthiest” in Maine
Mission: To improve public health in Northern Kennebec by engaging the community, assessing needs, and planning actions for success
Healthy Northern Kennebec, a Local Healthy Maine Partnership (HMP), is a community based coalition which formed in 1988 with the goal of identifying local health problems and working collaboratively with community agencies, government and local citizens towards a resolution of these problems.
Healthy Northern Kennebec’s role in the community is:
- To conduct community health needs assessments;
- To convene meetings with community stakeholders;
- To develop and implement community plans;
- To develop and implement environmental and policy change for:
- Physical Activity
- Healthy Weight
- Substance Abuse
Healthy Northern Kennebec subcontracts portions of Healthy Maine Partnership work to:
- Youth Matter – to do youth substance abuse and tobacco prevention work.
- MaineGeneral Prevention Center – for prescription drug use prevention services.
Funded through Healthy Maine Partnerships: HMP is a collaborative effort among 28 local coalitions, the Maine DHHS (Maine CDC and Office of Substance Abuse) and DOE, supported primarily by the Fund for Healthy Maine with federal grants from the US CDC, SAMHSA, and DOE
If you might be interested in finding out more about Healthy Northern Kennebec, click this button and request group membership :